The City of Oregon is dedicated to keeping you updated on local and statewide information about the Covid 19 event. Please contact City Hall if you have any questions or concerns, or check the most recent local information below. Broader information is available on our main Covid 19 page.
Essential business information
Information on loans grants at the Illinois Dept of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
Updated list of restaurants open, and their services.
Local Restaurants Open for Delivery, Pick-up, and Carry Out
No one wants to cook dinner EVERY night, so consider carry out for the family on an occasional basis. Or a morning coffee and muffin, or sandwich or soup for lunch. This is one of best ways to support our local eateries and economy during this emergency. Click HERE to see list of all local restaurants, phone numbers, and services they offer. Please be courteous and call in advance to avoid waits and lines.
Local Bar and Restaurant Food Services
YES, some restaurants have made the decision to remain open to serve customers, but Governor Pritzker has ordered no “on-site consumption” to limit risk of public exposure. Customers may call for curb side pick-up or delivery. Customers may enter the premises to purchase food or beverages for carry-out only. If ordering carry-out, customers are strongly urged to call in orders well in advance to avoid wait time and long pick-up lines (which could increase risk of exposure).
The following is a list of city operations at this time. Other public agencies and businesses may be reporting their own updates, so please check with them if you have questions.
- City Hall will remain open during its regular hours… 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
- Chief DeHaan is our Emergency Management Agency Coordinator and works with County Health and other department resources to provide communications for the public. Please check our website and Facebook
- City employees have been asked to curtail home visits to limit possible transmission of virus.
- City Water service will not be shut off for non-payment during the duration of this emergency.
- any water usage will continue to be added to the bill for later payment.
- A repayment program has been established through the city for customers with overdue bills. Contact the City for details (815-732-6123)
- See details of “Water Bill Payment Options” under “City Announcements”
- City Streets Department will be assisting to establish temporary “pick-up only” parking for the benefit of restaurants providing curb side pick-up services. Please support our local businesses by considering a weekly “order out” family meal.. A list of eateries providing this service will be posted in “City Announcements” when available)
- NiCor has announced it will not shut-off gas service for the duration of this emergency.
- ComEd has announced suspension of electrical shut offs and will also provide extended repayment plans
Current Closings and Cancellations
If the organization you are interested in is not listed, please call them or check their website. We also ask that you inform City Hall of other closings and cancellations as you become aware of them. (815-732-6321)
- Oregon School District
- View details here: https://www.ocusd.net/corona
- Oregon Public Library
- “Out of an abundance of caution we have made the difficult decision that Oregon Public Library will be closed to the public beginning March 17th until March 31st.”
- Oregon Park District
- “To ensure the safety of our patrons, participants and staff, Nash Recreation Center will be closed March 14th– March 30th. All Oregon Park District programs and events will be postponed or cancelled through April 3rd.”
- All Illinois State Parks are closed until further notice. White Pines Cabins and Gift Shops are still open at this time. The White Pines Restaurant is closed.